Student Services - Gilmore College
What We Do
Student Services at Gilmore College aims to assist students to:
- make the most of their opportunities.
- to support them in their personal development.
- help them achieve their life and learning goals.
Student Services has friendly, professional staff who can help students adjust to our learning environment. The College learning environment is characterised by teachers and students working cooperatively reflecting mutual respect, care and support to attain the best possible learning outcomes for each student.
The Student Services Team is one structure which will support students in becoming more independent and self-managing. In addition, parents/caregivers may find some of the services reassuring and are welcome to access appropriate information. In accordance with relevant codes of professional practice student consultations are confidential.
Counselling by an experienced Chaplain, Nurse and Psychologist can help students with:
- personal issues (relationships, family, anxiety).
- social and developmental issues (independence).
- study and lifestyle issues (confidence, motivation, stress management).
Information about community and interagency support services is also available.